An application is the framework that links Baffle Manager, databases, and Baffle Shield and instructs the Baffle Shield to encrypt and decrypt data. This task walks you through the process of enrolling an application in Baffle Manager that you will then use to encrypt data in following tasks.
To enroll an Application in Baffle Manager, do the following
- Click the Application icon in the left navigation panel.
- Click +APPLICATION in the upper right corner of the window. The Enroll Application dialog appears.
- Enter an Application Name and identifying Application Description in the respective fields.
- Choose the Baffle Shield from the drop-down list.
- Select a Data Store for encryption.
- Select the Keystore to be used as a source for data encryption keys.
- Leave Workload Capture Off, unless profiling an application.
- Specify Column Level for the Encryption Method.
- Click Enroll Application.
The following is an example of an application for encrypting data on a MySQL database.
Continue on to Define a Data Protection Policy.