- AWS RDS – Aurora MySQL
- AWS RDS – MariaDB
- AWS RDS – MySQL
- AWS RDS – SQL Server
- AWS Redshift
- Azure SQL
- Azure MySQL
- Postgres – required for IBM Cloud
- SQL Server
To add and connect to a data store, do the following:
- Click the database icon in the left navigation panel. A list of configured databases appears.
- Click +DATABASE in the upper right corner of the window to add a data store.
- In the Add Database dialog, enter a name and description for the database.
- Select a Database Type from the drop-down list.
- Enter the Hostname or IP Address (endpoint) for the database.
NOTE: For an AWS RDS database, enter the endpoint URL.
- Enter the Port for the database. Default database ports are listed in the Port Requirements table.
- Enter the user Database Username and Database Credential.
NOTE: Review the following items before specifying a database:
– Create a new user on your database for use with Baffle. For more information, see Database Privileges.
– For IBM Cloud use a Postgres database and enter your database name in the Postgres Database Name field. In the following example, we entered ibmclouddb.
– For all Postgres configurations, enter the name of your database in the ‘Postgres Database Name' field. Otherwise, Baffle Manager tries to connect to a database with the same name as your database username. If no such database exists, then the connection attempt fails. The default database name is postgres.
– Example of an SQL Server configuration:
Optional: Select Use SSL, click Add file, and upload an SSL Certificate.
IMPORTANT! NOTE: Currently, the SSL connection from AWS RDS databases to Baffle Manager requires the use of a RDS root certificate. The AWS certificate bundle is not currently supported. For more information, see the Amazon AWS documentation for Using SSL/TLS to encrypt a connection to a DB instance.
- Click Add Database to complete enrollment. The new database appears in the list of configured databases.
- Continue with Configure a Baffle Shield for your platform.
Please sign in to leave a comment.